Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ink Letters

Over the last week I've had occasion to compose two actual pen-and-paper letters: one to a writer from up-island who sent me a copy of El Duque Magazine, and another to a good friend who's been out of email range all month. Writing real letters seems to be a rare thing in this age -- it is for me, at least -- and I'm finding that it works great as a reason to sit around in the sun when the surf's flat. So if any of you six people who read this site feel like getting an Actual Letter in the mail, send me your address and I'll mail you a real-life scrawl about a topic of your choice. Deal? Alright, deal!

Today's music is "My Old Home" by K'naan.


1 comment:

Cory said...

This is a rad idea. I'd love to get a pen-and-paper letter from you!

Topic: How about something relating to surf culture? I'm an intrigued outsider. What are the best and worst things about surf culture from your perspective?